The University of West Georgia has appointed Parchment as our agent for printing and mailing academic transcript documents, as well as, for sending official PDF academic transcript documents.
The official transcript documents produced by Parchment are official documents and contain all pertinent course information as recorded by the University of West Georgia.
***Please note hard copy transcripts requested for Pick-Up on the Carrollton Campus will be available in the Momentum Center.
I have an active BanWeb account.
Current students or former students who still have an active account should request their electronic transcripts or a transcript to be mailed via BanWeb. The cost is $2.60 per electronic transcript or hard copy transcript for pickup. The cost is $5.10 for a mailed hard copy transcript.
- Log into BanWeb
- Click on Student Services & Financial Aid
- Click on Student Records
- Click on Order Official Transcript
The University of West Georgia has retained Parchment to accept transcript orders over the Internet. Please click on the "Request a Transcript" icon below to enter your order.
The cost is $2.60 per electronic transcript or hard copy transcript for pickup. The cost is $5.10 for a mailed hard copy transcript.
- Electronic transcripts may be sent in as little as 1 hour, but please allow 1-2 business days after your order is authorized.
- Hard Copy transcripts for Carrollton Campus pickup may be available immediately in the Momentum Center after the order has completed. Please allow 3-5 business days for pickup at the Newnan Center. Valid Photo ID is required at pick up. Pick up available only during regular business hours.
- Hard Copy transcripts requested for mailing are typically mailed within 1-2 business days after order is authorized, plus delivery time.
- Holds: Some holds may delay the processing of official transcripts. If you have a hold on your account, you will receive a notice from Parchment that your transcript order is under review by the Momentum Center's Student Solutions Team.
What is included on an Official Transcript
Official transcripts contain the University Seal and signature of the Registrar. Official transcripts include the following information: Student's Current Legal Name on file with the Registrar's Office; Last four of Student's Social Security Number; Student Address; High School; UWG Admit Term; UWG Attendance Terms; Transfer Details, Dean's List Designations per Term; Institutional Hours Attempted and Earned Totals; Transfer Hours Attempted and Earned Totals; GPA; Major, Minor, and Concentration; ACT & SAT Scores on file; and Degree(s) and Certifications Awarded. Please note the following are not included: GRE or GMAT Scores and Student Date of Birth.
- First-Term and Mid-Term: It is not the practice of UWG to release partial (mid-term grades) records or first term grade records prior to the end of semester processing.
- Is photo id required to pick up my transcript? Yes, you will need your photo id to pick your transcript up in the Momentum Center/Newnan Student Services.
- Can I attach a document to my transcript request? Yes, you can attach documents to your transcript request within the Parchment website. Some documents may be available within Parchment to be attached to your transcript without needing you to upload. Example: Application Services such as AMCAS or LSAC.
Official documents issued in one country and intended to be used in another country must be authenticated in order to be recognized as valid. If the foreign country is a member of The Hague Convention, an Apostille is required. If the foreign country is not a member of The Hague Convention, the Great Seal is normally required. Countries that are members of The Hague Convention.
If a student has accepted employment in a foreign country or is returning home to a foreign country, he or she may need to have an official transcript legalized by either an Apostille or the Great Seal. Most foreign countries require the diploma versus a transcript, so it is important to find out which is required. Additionally, please be sure to obtain the required documentation prior to leaving Georgia.
The University of West Georgia does not apostille transcripts, rather the Registrar's Office is able to prepare your transcript for apostille services. Individuals who wish for the Registrar's Office to prepare their transcript for apostille services should request to pick their transcript up in the Momentum Center and email email@example.com with student name and 917# requesting the transcript be notarized and prepared for apostille services. The Student Solutions Team in the Momentum Center will work with the Registrar's Office to prepare the transcript for apostille services.
Final grade reports are not mailed at the end of each semester. Students should view their final grades in BanWeb. If an official grade report is needed, students should request an Official Transcript.
To View Grades in BanWeb: Log onto MyUWG and click on BanWeb. Select "Student Services & Financial Aid", then "Student Records", and then select "Partial Term Grades" or "Final Grades". Please note "Final Grades" will not be available until approximately 1 to 1 1/2 weeks after the last day of classes.
To View your Unofficial Transcript in BanWeb: Log onto MyUWG and click on BanWeb. Select "Student Services & Financial Aid", then "Student Records", and then select "Viewable Unofficial Transcript"
For prior UWG students without access to UWG BanWeb: Please contact our Student Solutions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance obtaining an unofficial copy of your transcript or please request an official copy through Parchment by following the directions outlined on this page under the "University of West Georgia Official Transcript Request Without Active BanWeb Account" section.
A grade of NR (Not Reported) indicates the instructor did not submit a grade by the deadline. Keep checking, and your grade will be posted when it is received from the instructor.