International Student Admissions and Programs (ISAP) supports international students as well as faculty and staff on campus per below:
ISAP Scope of Service
- Recruit and admit international students to UWG.
- Issue immigration form I-20 and DS-2019 after academic admission to UWG.
- Verify course enrollment each term in compliance with federal regulations for F1 and J1 visa students.
- Maintain student records and communication with ICE via SEVIS (Student Exchange Visitor Information System).
- Advise on immigration regulations, benefits and various processes for students with F1 or J1 visas.
- Advise on options for employment and paid internships in the U.S.
- Assist students to adjust to culture shock and college life in the USA, including referrals to appropriate campus resources.
- Inform international students of Federal and State income tax requirements via Sprintax software and a general info workshop.
- Plan and coordinate events and activities to support cross-cultural education on and off campus.
- Develop workshops and professional development opportunities for faculty and staff to better understand ISAP's students, scope and mission
- Issue visas. Visas are only issued by American embassies and consulates abroad.
- Contact Embassies or Consulates on behalf of students.
- Provide any kind of legal advice.
- Conduct academic advising.
- Deport or investigate students.
- Create immigration policies; rather, we help explain them.