University Recreation is one of the largest employers of students on campus. We continue to seek students who are enthusiastic and dedicated, and exemplify professionalism, responsibility and initiative. UREC student employees benefit from an engaging and supportive work environment, where students can gain professional experiences and vital career development skills regardless of their career path.
Current UREC Student Positions
- Intramural Sports: Officials, Program Assistants, IM Sports Manager
- Fitness and Wellness: Fitness Specialist, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, Program Assistant, Lead Supervisor
- Facility Operations: Facility Assistant, Facility Technician, Facility Supervisor, Building Manager
- Marketing: Marketing Assistant, Graphic Designer, Videographer, Photographer
- Events: Reservation Assistant, Event Assistant, Event Supervisor, Lead Supervisor
- West Georgia Outdoors: WGO Assistant (Climbing Wall and WGO Rental Center), WGO Supervisor and Trip Leader, WGO Manager and Trip Leader
Hiring For Beginning of Fall 2019 Semester:
- Event Assistants: Provide on-site support for events hosted in the Campus Center by students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Facility Assistants: Provide support in overseeing access into the facility, maintaining the safety of patrons, monitoring activities and equipment checkout.
- Fitness Specialists (Group fitness instructors/Personal trainers): Trained to become a group fitness instructor and/or personal trainer while gaining experience in managing the functional training area and attending programs as a mentee.
- Marketing Assistants: Manage University Recreation's social media platforms and aid in communication and marketing efforts about what UREC offers.
- Marketing Videographer: Develop videos that visually demonstrate all that University Recreation offers and show participants' stories and engagement with UREC.
- Officials: Charged with the responsibility of maintaining orderly conduct on the court or field to which he/she/they is assigned.
- Outdoor Recreation Assistants: Responsible for climbing wall operations and guest service, equipment rentals and adventure trip leadership.
- Networking opportunities
- Management experience
- On-the-job training
- Flexible hours
- On-campus job
- Transferable skills
- Opportunity for advancement/raises
- Willingness to learn
- Hard working
- Problem Solver
Recruitment Information Sessions
Come learn about all the opportunities and what you need to know to apply and work for UREC at one of our two recruitment sessions. Please bring a resume and cover letter as some areas may host first-round interviews on the spot.
- August 21 from 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom 108.4
- August 22 from 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom 108.3/4
For more information, contact 678-839-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Assistants 2018 - 2019
University Recreation at the University of West Georgia awards graduate assistantships in Competitive Sports, Event Operations, Facility Operations, Student Development, Fitness and Wellness and Outdoor Recreation designed to provide practical experience and develop exceptional leaders in their field.
Assistantships are 9.5 month appointments with a stipend of $7,600 in addition to full tuition provided with the option to continue work from May - July. Additional funds are allotted each year for professional development opportunities.
Offers are contingent upon acceptance into a graduate program at UWG. Application information and deadlines for the graduate programs may be found on the UWG Graduate School website.
Anticipated start date: July 30, 2019
Graduate Assistant positions for the 2019-2020 school year:
- We are currently not hiring for any graduate assistants
For more information, contact email@example.com or 678-839-5500.