West Georgia Outdoors' climbing wall offers UWG students, faculty and staff an alternative way to exercise and socialize for free. Located in the Campus Center, the climbing wall measures 48 feet tall and can be used by climbers of all skill levels (no experience necessary). Due to health and safety precautions, the climbing wall will be open for bouldering (short routes below 15 ft of height) only.
The University of West Georgia, based on guidance from the USG now and in the future, plans to open its campus for all employees and students for the Spring 2021 term. The information listed in UWG’s Return to Work Plan describes UWG’s method for bringing everyone back to campus in a safe and responsible manner. University Recreation has specifically outlined a detailed plan for maintaining patrons' safety throughout all facility operations and program offerings on our UREC Operations page.
- Monday - Thursday: 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday - Sunday: CLOSED
Spring 2021 Climbing Wall Operations
- All climbers will be required to go through a new orientation that covers physical distancing and safety measures
- A maximum of 8 climbers and 4 staff members will be allowed at a time to adhere to physical distancing guidelines
- Climbing sessions will be limited to one hour if there are climbers waiting
- Only bouldering will be allowed at the Climbing Wall, which is un-roped climbing from a shorter distance
- Climbers are not allowed to go past the sign saying "DO NOT BOULDER PAST THIS POINT"
- Only 2 people on main wall at a time; only 1 person on bouldering wall
- Down climb when finished with a route - no jumping off
- All climbers must have a spotter at all times - WGO staff will assist if needed
- Climbers will be required to use hand sanitizer or wash hands with soap and water before and after each climbing session
- All climbing wall rental equipment will be disinfected after each use
- All climbing holds will be cleaned before opening each day
- Community-shared chalk will no longer be offered. Participants may use their own personal chalk
For more information, email email@example.com.