The mission of Fleet Services is to provide vehicle services in support of the University of West Georgia. Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service and promote safety, while providing sustainable business and fleet operations.
Fleet Services manages and provides assistance to the University of West Georgia in compliance with the standards developed by the State of Georgia Office of Fleet Management. Fleet Services is responsible for all motor vehicles owned, rented, leased or otherwise under the possession and control of the University of West Georgia. Thereby managing all policies, rules and regulations, overseeing the purchase, operation, assignment, service / repair and disposal of vehicles.
State Vehicles - To Own / Lease
- Are you optimizing the use of your current vehicles? How many vehicles does your department currently have?
- Does your department have funding to purchase a vehicle? Or maintain a vehicle annually? Gas, maintenace and repairs should all be factored into the departments annual budget.
- Identify the type or need of a vehicle - Truck, Van (Passenger or Cargo), Box Truck (Cargo) or Sedan
- How many miles will you drive the vehicle? Leasing a state vehicle, with limited annual mileage may be a better option?
- How long does your department need a vehicle? Long or Short-term
- For addtional information and comparison on leasing vs. purchasing, please visit the following DOAS URL Link - http://doas.ga.gov/fleet-management/vehicle-options
- State vehicle Contract information and vehicle options, can be viewed in PeopleSoft - Epro under manditory state contracts.
- Complete and return the Written Justification Page (Highlighted Yellow Sections) to the Fleet Coordinator / link
- The UWG Fleet Coordinator will submit all associated procurement documents to DOAS / OPB for approval, prior to the issuance of a Purchase Requisition to the Manditory contract vendors.
- Agencies may enter into a lease agreement for vehicles, in lieu of Purchasing a vehicle, only with prior written approval from DOAS. All leasing shall be conducted through contracts established by DOAS state purchasing services and will only be vaild for 12 months.
- If damge should occur to any state vehicle, the following departments must be notified - Risk Management and University Police
- Refer to DOAS Policy # 10 (Fueling & Accidents / Repairs)
State Fueling Policy - Rules / Regulations / Proceedures
DOAS requires all state owned or leased vehicles to be fueled a minium of (1) gal of fuel every 30 days. Please reference the State policy #10 attached for more information:
Policy regarding Damage to State Vehicles
All accidents or losses that result in damage to the state vehicle (owned or leased) or a third party must be called into the claims reporting vendor as established by DOAS’ Risk Management Program. All agencies are required to provide DOAS the cost of all repairs resulting from an accident, vandalism, or any event which damages the state vehicle in excess of $200, or involves any safety related equipment. DOAS will establish a field in their Fleet Management Database to accommodate that information. All repairs must be completed and reported within 120 days of the loss or the damaged vehicle will be surrendered to Surplus at DOAS within 10 days following the referenced 120 day period. Damage handled through the Auto Physical Damage Program at DOAS will be automatically entered into the management system.
Wex Fuel Card Training and Personal Pin
All authorized state vehicle drivers shall undergo Wex Fuel Card training. Please contact UWG Purchasing for further information, as well as establishing employee Personal Pin and setup.
- Wex Fuel Card DevelopWest training video will cover all aspects of fuel card training and requirments. Please contact Purchasing with any further questions.
- Any personal pin numbers not used for fueling within 12 months are terminated by DOAS. One recorded fueling tranaction is required, using your personal pin to keep active. In the event your pin is not working, contact Purchasing to have reset or reissued.
The UWG MotorPool has various types of vehicles that can be reserved for University Faculty and Staff:
- Daily Rental Rate - $ 14.20 per day + mileage (Weekends / Holidays are excluded)
- Chevrolet Impala Limited - 5 Passenger sedan ($0.31) per mile
- Kia Sedona Minivan - 6 passenger MiniVan ($0.31) per mile
- Chevrolet Express Passenger Van - 12 passenger Full Size Van ($0.35) per mile
- Vehicles are expected to be returned reasonbly clean or a cleaning fee of up to $ 125.00 will be charged.
Please contact Facilities and Grounds Main Office for reservation information and availability - (678) 839-6576
- All employees are required to take the University Drivers Safety Training prior to operating a UWG vehicle. They must also possess a vaild state drivers license and are a current employee.
- Pickup / Return MotorPool Vehicles - All UWG MotorPool Vehicles are parked within the UWG Plant Operations secured parking. Upon completion of trip, all vehicles will be returned to this location.
- Vehicle Request Trip Ticket - please return to Facilities Mgt.
Maintenance / Vehicle Inspection
All maintenance of University vehicles must be preformed or approved by the University MotorPool
- University vehicles are required to be inspected by the department 2 times per year
- It is suggest that Drivers perform a "walk a-round inspection" before each use of the vehicle in order to identify an obvious hazards or defects (i.e., broken taillights, fluid leaks, low tire pressure, etc.).
- Vehicle Inspection Form should be returned to the Fleet Coordinator when completed (monthly)
- Two vehicle inspections are required annually from all departments in possession of a state vehicle.
Reporting an Accident / Roadside Assistance
- Report the claim to Teleponic Reorting Vendor (TRV)
- Automobile Insurance Id Card is locatd in the glove box of every vehicle. Read the instructions of the back of card.
- Report all accidents to Risk Management - (678)839-6278 or (678)839-6279
- On Campus accident reporting to University Police - (678)839-6000
- Roadside Assistance Weblink:http://doas.ga.gov/assets/Fleet%20Management/Driver%20Emergency%20Resources/Roadside%20Assistance%20Information.pdf?Web=1