ISAP and Education Abroad are pleased to offer the opportunities below to staff and faculty in support of UWG's mission and values.
- Description: a 2.5 hour interactive workshop designed to assess, then increase awareness of international student issues, processes, and challenges.
- Outcomes: 1. Identify key terminology and concepts related to international student recruitment, advising and benefits. 2. Discuss major challenges and unique characteristics faced by all international students in the U.S. 3. Understand supportive ways in which you can assist students whose native language and culture is not English or the U.S.
- Offered by ISAP. For informaiton, please contact us at email@example.com / 678-839-4780. Dates and Times, TBA.
- Description: ACIREMA, or AMERICA spelled backwards is a fun, unique 1.5 hour workshop offered 1-2 times per year. It simulates the international student immigration process. You'll navigate banks, loan sharks, crooked government officials, travel and airline representatives, and a few scams along the way. Participants get little information in advance, but have one goal: complete all required steps to obtain an F1 visa and board your flight to America before time or money runs out. A debrief of the exercise follows.
- Outcomes: gain a near-accurate understanding of what it takes to go from dreaming about studying in the U.S. to actually boarding a plane to the U.S. and UWG!
- Offered by ISAP, Education Abroad and the Center for Diversity and Inclusion. FREE. Dates and Times TBA.
Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI)
- Description: Offered by a certified trainer in UWG's Education Abroad office, the IDI® is the premier cross-cultural assessment of intercultural competence used by thousands of individuals and organizations to build intercultural competence, achieve international and domestic diversity, and reach inclusion goals and outcomes.
- Outcomes: Please see these 12 Reasons for using the IDI.
- Offered by Education Abroad. For information, please contact Jessica Renard, firstname.lastname@example.org / 678-839-2726. Dates, Times and Cost TBA.