Honors College Student Ambassadors Program
The Honors College Ambassadors are a select and diverse group of outstanding Honors College students who serve as official representatives for the Honors College and University of West Georgia for recruitment and campus events, and promotional media projects.
Honors Ambassadors play an important role in:
- Recruiting future Honors College students by assisting with recruitment efforts and events
- Increasing awareness of the Honors College on campus
Honors College Ambassadors work closely with the Honors College staff and other departments to help spread the word about the benefits of being an Honors student. Each ambassador has a unique story to share and has great things to say about their Honors experience and enjoy telling others about it.
Students serving as Honors College Ambassadors receive the following benefits:
- Develop valuable leadership skills
- Enhance interpersonal communication and public speaking skills
- Build or enhance professional experiences while making connections
- Form new relationships with fellow outstanding students
- Foster connections with faculty, staff and administration at the Honors College and throughout University of West Georgia
- Opportunities to network with UWG leadership, faculty, staff and alumni
- Earn a small stipend
Ambassador Eligibility Requirements:
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Honors College student in good standing with at least one semester completed in the Honors College.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 at the time of application and every semester as an ambassador
- Interest in sharing your Honors College experience with pride and enthusiasm
- Comfortable speaking with small and large groups
- Highly motivated, energetic, dependable, and knowledgeable
- Available for training sessions and meetings
- Available for at least three events per semester
Students will be asked to represent the Honors College for at least three events per semester that consists of the following opportunities:
- Participate in on-campus recruitment events such as Academic Showcases,Admitted Student Days, Honors College Tour Day, and other events
- Serve on student panels during Honors College recruitment events
- Serve as hosts to prospective students and their parents who are visiting the Honors College
- Assist with special events and participate in media promotional projects for the purpose of increasing awareness of the Honors College on campus
We are currently accepting applications for the Honors College Ambassadors Program for Spring Semester 2023. Interested students who meet the criteria should apply online by Friday, January 20, 2023.
Select students will be contacted for an interview. Ambassadors are chosen on the basis of GPA, involvement in the Honors College, communication skills, and an interview.
Students selected for the program will receive a small stipend for the semester.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Stacey Rowland
Academic Advisor, Honors College