There are several housing options for students participating in the Honors College!
One great option is the Honors Living Learning Community, a dedicated floor at The Oaks for first-year students who are also members of the Honors College. Space is limited for the Honors Living Learning Community and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. More information, including instructions on how to apply for housing, can be found at UWG Housing and Residence Life.
Honors Living Learning Community
The Honors Living-Learning Community (LLC) is a dedicated floor for first-year students who are also members of the Honors College. Students will participate in programs that focus on increasing academic achievement, building community, and developing a sense of service.
Benefits of the Honors Living Learning Community Program Include
- Living with other motivated Honors students in a close knit community that is diverse and respectful.
- Special programming including but not limited to, guest speakers, academic and social programs, service projects, and cultural events.
- Additional access to academic resources such as advising, Honors College faculty, classroom space, and mentors.
The Oaks (2300 floor). Spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. This is the top floor, so there will be no noisy neighbors overhead!
No, all students living in the rooms designated for the Honors living-learning community must be members of the Honors College.
The Honors Living Learning Community is open to first-year students who are admitted to the Honors College. For information on how to apply to the Honors College, see the admissions requirements here:
To foster student success in the Honors Living Learning Community, members are expected to actively participate in the Honors Living Learning Community programs and events throughout the year.
Honors Living Learning Community students will be enrolled in common sections of an Honors interdisciplinary studies course that meets core curriculum requirements.
- Students admitted to the Honors College should email email@example.com to request a space in the Honors Living-Learning Community. Space is available on a first-come first serve basis
- Complete the Housing Contract Application
- Once a space is confirmed, you will be notified by Housing that you have been placed in the Honors LLC.