Master of Science - Integrative Health and Wellness
This program prepares students to become health and wellness professionals, with an emphasis in the area of health and wellness coaching. Students will gain the health promotion and behavior change knowledge and skills necessary to help clients explore their health, as well as the barriers and facilitators of their health behaviors. Students will learn to identify risk factors for chronic diseases and apply integrative, evidence-based approaches in health promotion, disease prevention, and lifestyle medicine. The program engages students in learning behavior change strategies to empower individuals from all walks of life to promote positive, multidimensional behavior change using psychosocial approaches such as mindfulness and self-compassion.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Apply the health and wellness coaching structure and process used to empower a client’s behavior change and assist them in understanding their own health and wellness.
- Demonstrate an understanding of behavior change theories and ability to apply behavior change strategies to promote client motivation and goal attainment.
- Demonstrate ability to identify risk factors for chronic disease and apply current recommendations for modifying and improving well-being.
- Evaluate lifestyle medicine strategies through the lens of epigenetics, microbiome, and mind-body wellness
- Build self care plans to model their own health behavior skills
Evaluate legal and ethical considerations across a variety of health and wellness professions
This program is 100% online, with required synchronous meetings for some classes. New cohorts are admitted each spring and full-time students will complete the program in four semesters.
Health and wellness coaching emphasis
While this program prepares students to serve in a variety of health and wellness careers, the content emphasizes the knowledge and skills needed for a career in health and wellness coaching
Lifestyle Medicine and Integrative Health
This program will explore the importance of the health and wellness professional in the healthcare team. Students will explore various lifestyle modalities and topics, including epigenetics, microbiome, and mind-body wellness. Students will also explore current population health models.
- Cumulative 3.0 or better GPA
- Undergraduate degree in a health or wellness related field
- Completed application for admission
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- Statement of Purpose
- Transcripts from degree granting institution