Welcome to our Special Education Program!
Our program in Special Education prepares educators to recognize and respond to the individual differences among students with special education needs. Our program will also prepare educators to develop a pedagogical practice that can be applied to learners with varying needs and a wide range of abilities within the same classroom.
Learn More about the Special Education Program
The Special Education program offers 5 programs at the University of West Georgia:
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education: General Curriculum and Adapted Curriculum Tracks
- Master of Arts (MAT: Special Education): General or Adapted Curriculum
- Master of Education with a Major in Special Education and Teaching, General
- Specialist in Education with a major in Special Education
- Autism Endorsement
- Bachelor of Science in Education in Special Education: General Curriculum [PDF, 36.2K]
- Bachelor of Science in Education in Special Education: Adapted Curriculum [PDF, 36.1K]
- Master of Education in Special Education Adapted [PDF, 29.1K]
- Master's in Education Special Education Program Map [PDF, 42.6k]
- Specialist in Education in Special Education Program Map [PDF, 39K]