Graduate assistantships at the University of West Georgia are available to graduate students in the College Student Affairs Program. The assistantship stipend for graduate assistantships with the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management is $800 per month, plus a waiver of tuition; some assistantships in Housing & Residence Life also include an on-campus apartment.
Assistantships outside the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management will still provide a tuition waiver; however, the stipend may vary. Students are responsible for mandatory fees (approximately $1000 per semester for full-time students). These will be posted as they become available.
Selected applicants will be invited to campus to interview for the Graduate Program and the Graduate Assistantships. There is not a separate application process for applying to graduate assistantships; however, your application should include a resume that is tailored for admission into the College Student Affairs program in addition to being considered for assistantships.
Students who are fully admitted to the program are guaranteed an assistantship, but preference will be given to those candidates who attend the On-Campus Interview Days. Should positions remain open after the On-Campus Interview Days, phone or Skype interviews may be conducted.
Below is a list of the available graduate assistantships for the 2023-2024 year. Please check back regularly as this list will be updated periodically with links to position descriptions. Certain job descriptions may have more than one opening. Once you have been invited to attend Interview Days, you will receive more information on how to apply for the available positions.
- Admissions - Group Tours
- Admissions Scholarships (coming soon)
- Admissions - Visit Events Coordinator
- Accessibility Services Graduate Assistant (coming soon)
- Career Services - Employer Relations
- Center for Student Involvement - Student Involvement
- Group & Virtual Tour Coordinator
- Health Services - Health Education
- Housing and Residence Life - Resident Director
- Housing and Residence Life - Safety & Security
- Office of Community Standards - Student Conduct
- University Recreation - Competitive Sports
- University Recreation - Event Operations
- Academic Transition Programs - Graduate Administrative Assistant
- Advising Center - Academic Advising
- Center for Academic Success Academic Coaching (coming soon)
- Center for Academic Success - Supplemental Instruction
- Center for Academic Success - Peer Tutoring
- Center for Academic Success Drop-In Tutoring
- Center for Academic Success STEM Drop-In Tutoring (coming soon)
- Center for Academic Success University Writing Center (coming soon)
- Academic Advising Graduate Assistant
- University Advancement Alumni Engagement (coming soon)