For more information, please see the Academic Catalog. A program brochure is available for download in the Courses tab below.
- Overview Jump to content
- Cost Jump to content
- Courses Jump to content
- Faculty Jump to content
- Admissions Jump to content
- Dates Jump to content
- Objectives Jump to content
The Department of Economics offers a Bachelor’s of Business Administration (BBA) in Data Intelligence and Business Analytics with a major in Economics. Modern businesses have extensive need for new data experts who can collect, manage, and analyze the vast amounts of information that is produced as part of an increasingly heterogeneous and integrated network of social and business interactions. Businesses collect data from transactions or existing supply relationships, social media engagement and website usage. Smaller businesses that previously did not collect data now collect data and develop strategies to increase efficiency, reduce waste, and increase their customer base. As a consequence, there is a significantly greater volume of data being produced relative to the qualified professionals who can manage, analyze, and interpret it. According to Glassdoor 2019 the pay scale for a business analyst annual salary is $52,000 to $83,000 listed at Glassdoor.com depending on the job.
Method of Delivery
Face to Face
The University of West Georgia is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The Richards College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - International (AACSB-I).
Credit and transfer
Total semester hours required: 120
This program may be earned entirely face-to-face. However, depending on the courses chosen, a student may choose to take some partially or fully online courses.
UWG is often ranked as one of the most affordable accredited universities of its kind, regardless of the method of delivery chosen.
- Total tuition costs and fees may vary, depending on the instructional method of the courses in which the student chooses to enroll.
- The more courses a student takes in a single term, the more they will typically save in fees and total cost.
- Face-to-face or partially online courses are charged at the general tuition rate and all mandatory campus fees, based on the student's residency (non-residents are charged at a higher rate).
- Fully or entirely online course tuition rates and fees my vary depending on the program. Students enrolled in exclusively online courses do not pay non-Resident rates.
- Together this means that GA residents pay about the same if they take all face-to-face or partially online courses as they do if they take only fully online courses exclusively; while non-residents save money by taking fully online courses.
- One word of caution: If a student takes a combination of face-to-face and online courses in a single term, he/she will pay both all mandatory campus fees and the higher eTuition rate.
- For cost information, as well as payment deadlines, see the Bursar's Office website
There are a variety of financial assistance options for students, including scholarships and work study programs. Visit the Office of Financial Aid's website for more information.
F. Major Specific Courses
- ACCT 2101
- ACCT 2101
- BUSA 2106
- CISM 2201
- ECON 2105
- ECON 2106
- ABED 3100
- CISM 3330
- ECON 3402
- ECON 3406
- FINC 3511
- MGNT 3600
- MGNT 3615
- MKTG 3803
- International Select (select one of the following: ECON 4450, FINC 4521, MKTG 4866 or MGNT 4625)
- ECON 3408
- CISM 3340
- ECON 3460
- ECON 4408
- CISM 4390
- ECON 4476
- Major elective* (Must pick for the list)
- MGNT 4660
- List of classes for Major elective
- ACCT 4233 Strategic Cost Management
- ACCT 4241 Accounting Information Systems
- ECON 4475 Intro to Econometrics
- MGNT 3627 Managing Cultural Differences
- MGNT 4621 Application in Human Resource Management
- MKTG 3808 Business Research
- MKTG 4808 Marketing Research
- MKTG 4864 Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 4868 Marketing Metrics
- RELE 4706 Residential Appraisal
- For description and information about these and other classes see the UWG Undergraduate online catalog website. Academic Catalogs: https://www.westga.edu/student-services/registrar/course-catalogs.php
- Electives (9)
- At least one of the electives must be taken in the RCOB
No faculty members listed
Objectives not available