Notice: Our online advisement appointment
scheduler will be available for summer and fall advisement starting March 1, 2011.
What Does An Academic Advisor Do?
- Meet with you at least once a semester to help you plan your academic future.
- Help you develop plans of study appropriate for to your educational goals.
- Help you explore various fields of interest, select a specific academic major, and research career options that relate to your program.
- Refer you to other campus offices for assistance in academic, personal, and career counseling, academic skills development, and financial aid, if needed.
Who Are We?
- The Advisement Center serves over 2000 students in the Education
and Sport Management fields.
- We advise Undergraduate and Post Baccalaureate / Certification
- We are comprised of 5 Advisors, 1 Coordinator and 1 Staff Assistant.
Where Are We Located?
- We are located in Carrollton, GA, approximately 45 minutes west of Atlanta, on the University of West Georgia campus.
- We are in the Education Center located on West Georgia Drive. across from the Tyus Hall parking lot.
- Our offices are located on the second floor, back hallway of the Education Center (by the building elevator).